Laser Safety Services was established in 2006 in response to a growing demand for a specialised laser advice and laser safety officer training.
We understand lasers intimately, we respect their power and we’re serious about safety. We know the Australian and New Zealand Standards for the safe use of lasers* inside-out and base all of our operations around them.
Laser Safety Services provides optical design, laser consultancy, laser advice, general laser safety training and laser safety officer training all over Australia. Basic laser safety and laser safety officer courses can be provided onsite anywhere in Australia and New Zealand. From time to time we also schedule public courses in Melbourne and Brisbane.
We have trained hundreds of Laser Safety Officers, including clients from:
- manufacturing, construction, mining, surveying, timber, packaging and printing companies
- CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation)
Right now, we don’t train people who use lasers for cosmetic or medical procedures as Laser Safety Officers. Queensland Health provides a list of accredited courses on their radiation safety website. For other States, please contact your local Health Department or Occupational Health agency.
Through our consultancy arm, we have assisted many clients by developing solutions to individual laser problems and creating innovative designs to optimise laser efficiency and safety. Learn more about laser consultancy…
*The current standards we use include:
AS/NZS IEC 60825. 14:2011- Safety of laser products Part 14: a user”s guide
AS/NZS IEC 60825.1:2011 Safety of laser products – Equipment classification and requirements
AS/NZS 2211.3 – Safety of laser products Part 3: Guidance for laser displays and shows
AS 2397- Safe use of lasers in the building and construction industry
What’s different about our
Laser Safety Officer Training?
- highly qualified consultants and trainers, with PhD level education and over 25 years experience in developing and operating a wide range of laser equipment
- training delivered by an experienced Laser Safety Officer and Laser Safety Assessor
- flexible, personalised delivery
- 6 months free post-course advice for every participant
- we don’t just deliver material, we can provide examples from real-life experience and clear, informed responses to questions about your particular circumstances
- on-site delivery at dates and times convenient to you
- participants have the opportunity to keep learning long after they have left the course.